Sunday, November 6, 2011

Progress Report

I have rewritten all my collision detection to make it more efficient. Now I am working on my game mechanics. Basically at the moment if two subclasses of boids collide, if one dies its location  gets replaced by the class that killed it. However this is giving me issues in that the larger flock does not win. I thought of three solutions:
  • Make larger flocks deal more damage.
  • Make new flocks not be able to deal damage for say 5 seconds
  • Spawn converted flocks in a different location.
I am going with the third option, the reasoning is I believe this will add an interesting game mechanic of defending your supply flock coming in as well solve the collision detection problem easily. I am also planning on flocks gaining new flock if they  are undamaged for a certain amount of time, I think it would be a good idea to have these flocks added to the respawn point as it will further enforce this mechanic.

No comments:

Post a Comment